Formally opened in 1980, the Jenkins Gallery mission is to exhibit the work of noted and established Florida artists, as well as to introduce national and international artists to the Central Florida region. Each of the four to six annual exhibitions are professionally curated by a member of the Crealdé Gallery Committee or a guest curator.
September 20, 2013 to January 11, 2014
In both the Jenkins and Heritage Center Galleries–
Art from the Heart of Florida.
Crealdé presents an invitational exhibition celebrating the art and artists from the heart of Florida, as a tribute to the 500th anniversary of Juan Ponce de León’s arrival on its east coast. Come and meet some of our area’s most accomplished contemporary visual artists who call Central Florida home. The focus of the show is to highlight work representing diverse interpretations of that experience.
There is a certain “Florida state of mind” that is reflective of the art produced in the center of the state. The skies are brighter here and there is a potent mix of identities that contrasts and combines old Florida with the bright sprawl that also forms a basis for our day to day life in the tourist corridor.
---Henry Sinn and Peter Schreyer, Curators
1. Marc Barrett, painter, Orlando
2. Suzanne Camp Crosby, photographer, Tampa
3. Charles Eady, mixed media painter, Ocala
4. Michael Galletta, sculptor, Winter Park
5. Spence Guerin, painter, Melbourne
6. Charles Hazelaar, ceramic sculptor, Cape Canaveral
7. David Hunter, printmaker, Winter Park
8. Spencer Pettit, painter, DeLand
9. Sean Sexton, painter and ceramicist, Vero Beach
10. Anna Tomczak, photographer, Lake Helen
11. Rigoberto Torres. sculptor, Kissimmee
Please see Past & Current Exhibitions for exhibitions from previous years.